Favorite Fried Rice

So, as it sometimes to goes, accidents can turn out better than anything you might have planned. I work from home, and I'm always looking for a quick/easy lunch that doubles as a delicious selfish moment in a long day. So out of hunger and a bunch of random items in the fridge, I created my new favorite way to make fried rice!




Ingredients

Day old white sticky rice
Sesame oil
Soy sauce
Togarashi
Frozen peas
Frozen grilled corn
Egg whites
Pickled ginger

Directions

I can't give you any measurements on this one, because it was one of those eyeballed taste-as-you-go dishes (all part of the fun). Mix the rice, soy, togarashi, and frozen veg in a skillet of hot sesame oil. Once the rice is fully mixed and warm and ready to eat, make a hole in the center so the bottom of the skillet is showing. Add egg whites and let them start to firm, then use your spatula to scramble them into the rice. Add some pickled ginger at the end and heat until it's all warm. That cool ginger is what made this for me - and in this rice each bite is a little different!

Never could there be a such thing as too much rice in the rice cooker, since I'll already be looking forward to the leftovers!

Comments

Popular Posts