Cumin Sweet Potato Fries

This was one of those recipes that had me asking, why haven't I done this before?  Lucy loves french fries (the only unhealthy thing she loves.  She hates cupcakes, cake, etc.  No complaining.)  And she loves sweet potatoes.  So I've been meaning to make her worlds collide and blow her mind with sweet potato fries.

And yesterday I got around to it.  I took one abnormally gigantic sweet potato (you'd probably use more than one) and got to chopping.  With Lucy in mind, I cut shorter thinner 1-year old friendly fries.

Then I tossed them in coarse sea salt, pepper, cumin, and vegetable oil, and baked them on a baking sheet at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. 


I could barely wait for them to cool when I presented Lucy with this plate, practically gloating like mother of the year.  She took a few and put them on her tray, smooshed them between her fingers, and moved on to strawberries.  So I ate them in front of her, overacting to their deliciousness, and she stuck her finger down her throat and made a gagging noise. 

Me: BUT LUCY, IF YOU TRY ONE, YOU'LL LIKE IT.

Lucy:  GAG GAG. Gaggity gag-gag.

Anyway, not all was lost because Nat and I were happy to eat these up.  The cumin adds a little smoky heat, and the caramelized edges are delicious.  I'll gladly keep making these for Lucy in hopes that she tries one, and enjoy the results if she doesn't.  Win-win fries!

Comments

Popular Posts